Friday, January 29, 2016
5 Reasons Why Play is Purposeful
Many times, as adults we may not always remember how necessary play is for children including teenagers. There is a purpose for play. Here are 5 reasons why children and teens play:
1. To develop social skills and interact with adults and peers.
2. To explore objects - touch, hear, taste, see and learn from objects.
3. To be creative and develop imagination skills.
4. To develop motor skills so that hands can manipulate objects and children can move throughout their environment.
5. To learn cognitive skills - cause and effect, motion analysis, number correspondence and more!
Need game ideas for your family? Check out the Growing Play game collection.