Looking for a cheap idea to add to your pretend play? Buy a roll of tickets from the office store. We have had rolls of these in the house through the years and the kids love them. They create some lovely open ended creative play. Here is what my kids have used them for without any adult suggestions:
1. Admission to dance shows they put on.
2. Admission to art museum they created.
3. Pretend money.
4. Tickets to use at homemade spa.
5. Tickets to redeem for prizes at homemade carnival.
6. Homemade raffle type games or to pick names out of a hat.
Great "toy" to add for imaginative play for various ages.