Friday, September 28, 2012

Body Awareness Art


 Here is a fun, cute project to work on body awareness.  The child should lay down on large paper.  Trace the body, identifying the body parts as you trace around each one.  Now let the child paint the body however they would like.  Once dry an adult can cut it out and hang it on the wall.  Review all the body parts on the art work and the child.  This was a entertaining project for a two year old and educational with a lovely end result.

This activity encourages:
  • body awareness
  • creativity

3 comments:

  1. I love this body awareness art! Where would you get the large paper to trace a child's body?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My father in law had this huge awesome butcher paper. I use shipping paper sheets now because we used all the other paper up...

      Delete
    2. Butcher paper would of been awesome! I'll have to look into shipping paper sheets. Thanks for your reply, I appreciate it.

      Delete