Are you familiar with the app called Draw Something? It is a very fun social app where you play drawing and guessing games with your friends or anyone. We decided to play Draw Something outdoors using sidewalk chalk. Here is what you do if you are not familiar with the game that basically combines Pictionary with Hangman.
1. Think of a word - i.e. island (as pictured above). Anything simple to start out with works.
2. Draw boxes for how many letters the word is.
3. Write letters that are in the word below the boxes. Scramble the letters and include a few additional letters that are not in the word.
4. Now the fun begins. The person who drew out the boxes and letters starts drawing a picture of the word. Everyone playing guesses out loud.
5. If no one guesses it you can "bomb" letters. The person drawing can choose to start crossing out some of the extra letters that are written.
Have fun taking this iphone app off the phone and play it outdoors!
Sidewalk Chalk Fun and Games Ebook
Summary - this ebook includes 30 sidewalk chalk games and activities to play
More information at Sidewalk Chalk Fun and Games